Ravens Croft Wines Gewurztraminer 2010 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Ravens Croft Wines Gewurztraminer 2010

The thought of Thai for dinner had me thinking of a Gewurz to match, and this is what I found in the cellar. Not only did I find the bottle, a spelling mistake on the label didn't go unnoticed.

An interesting wine which seems to have three parts which flow neatly into the next.

Aromas, whilst a little muted, were varietal and highlighted by rose water, musk and Turkish delight moving to lychee goodness which fills the mouth. Medium bodied there is some noticeable texture. It finishes softly with ginger spice.

The last time I tasted this the ginger was not so pronounced so some bottle age has helped it to develop. The fruit has held up well too.

A good drop. I'd buy another.

Region: Granite Belt
RRP: $25
Source: Cellar Door

www.ravenscroftwines.com.au

Follow me @Qwine